Turn your passion into a career at OMVE. Work for a company where you matter.
OMVE Lab & Pilot Equipment is a mid-sized and fast-growing company. We are always looking for new talent to support our expansion. Together we are stronger – come and be a part of our success story.
For our office location in Milton (ON), Canada, we are looking for an enthusiastic and driven
International Service Engineer
Who are we looking for
As a International Service Engineer, you are responsible for providing first-line assistance to our customers. You will be handling incoming after-sales issues of customers located in the Americas region. You are responsible for providing the best customer care to new and existing OMVE equipment users. You will be applying best practices in maintenance works. Finally, you are responsible for building solid and profitable long-term relationships with customers.
Often you will be travelling for a few days. A maximum travelling period is 2 weeks. On average this is around 50% of your working time.
What will you be doing
- The (joint) installation and commissioning of process equipment on site.
- Training / advising technicians / customers on site.
- Facilitating trouble-shooting, supporting customers by telephone / online with questions, malfunctions and problems and the complete handling thereof.
- Providing (preventive) maintenance to delivered machines.
- Initiating and advising on upgrades, improvements and modifications to existing machines.
- Performing the service planning and aligning it with the test planning.
- Creating visit and service reports.
- Making offers for spare parts, maintenance and maintenance contracts.
- Proactively approaching customers for maintenance contracts.
- Supporting colleagues with substantive knowledge and expertise.
- Support with PLC issues, updates and modifications.
- Maintaining active communication with the Sales, Support and Engineering departments.
- Providing 360-degree feedback to all internal and external stakeholders
Who are you
- You have a degree in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (required).
- You have a minimum 3 years of experience in related job.
- You live in the Greater Toronto Area, Canada (required).
- You have excellent communication skills in both English & Spanish (required).
Knowledge of other languages such as Portuguese, French, German or Dutch is a plus.
- You love travelling around the world, this job will contain an average of 50% travelling. It is important that you have all legal documentation ready.
- You have a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of and experience with PLC controls is a plus.
- Experience with applying FMEA failure modes and effect analysis is a plus.
- Experience with equipment maintenance plan (EMP) to minimize the impact of unplanned events.
- You are someone…
… with an entrepreneurial mindset
… who loves to work independently
… who prefers to take initiative
… who focuses on searching for process improvements and solutions
… who is a good listener
… who is flexible at prioritizing and managing workload to meet deadlines
… who works well under pressure
… who makes sound judgements
… with excellent social and communicative skills
What do we offer
- Vacation days higher than the typical Canadian company (24 days).
- A challenging, growing and creative (international) working environment.
- Retirement scheme (RRSP) with employer matching employee saving.
- A career in a great company with a multicultural environment and informal atmosphere.
- Responsibility and room for taking the initiative.
- Personal development and a personal training plan.
- A very competitive salary.
Are you interested, please apply and send your resume. We look forward to your response.